Wondering whether or not your pet deserves a stocking in place on the mantle with the rest of the family? If you’ve been debating this problem and wondering whether or not you should buy your cat a Christmas stocking then debate no more. Even if your cat doesn’t particularly appreciate your thought when it comes to including them the rest of your family certainly will.
These Christmas Cat Stockings will not only ensure that you’ve got a place to hide all of the gifts you purchase for your furry little menace, but they’ll also double up as a nice warm place for your kitty to sleep once they’ve gotten a chance to play in all the boxes from the other Christmas gifts that have been opened throughout the day. We both know they’re unlikely to care about any gifts you spend money on for them.
So let’s get to it, here are ten of the best Christmas Cat Stockings on the market!
#1 Glitzhome Handmade Hooked Cat Christmas Stocking
Glitzhome provides over 50 selections of Christmas stockings, and on the bright side, they have one specifically focused on our feline friends! These whimsical Christmas Stockings will encourage your family members to give your kitty the best gifts around and ensure they have just as much fun on the holidays as you do. A few items worth noting:
- The front is 100% acrylic fabric and the backing is 100% polyester meaning this stocking is very durable
- There is a decorative top border, a felt hanging loop, and holiday accents
- You’ve got 19 inches of space to work with from top to bottom, plenty of room for cat toys and treats
#2 Kitty Cat Soft Plush Cloth Hanging Christmas Stocking
This hanging stocking by Clever Creations is the perfect way to bring Christmas cheer to your home this holiday season. This stocking has a unique design that you simply will not find anywhere else. It is sure to give your home that wow factor and bring the Christmas spirit into your home.
- By far the coolest cat stocking from a design standpoint, there is nothing else that must be said! This Christmas stocking features a great black and white kitty cat with fluffy ears, paws, and a plush fish attached with a ribbon
- This stocking has a large top opening and is about 16 inches deep so it has a spacious interior that is perfect for all kinds of small gifts and stocking stuffers for an exciting Christmas morning
- It has a built in hanging loop for ease of hanging it over your fireplace on the mantle
#3 Hello Kitty Plush Head Stocking
If you’re into cats then you’re definitely aware of Hello Kitty. This stocking uses the likeness of Hello Kitty to bring you a one of a kind stocking for your furry little friend in the house. Any cat will be excited to have a wonderful feline friend in the house gracing the mantle for the holiday season!
- A unique design featuring the words “Hello Kitty” written above an image of Hello Kitty sitting among Christmas presents beneath a Christmas tree
- The stocking is made of high quality acrylic fabric to ensure it lasts for a very long time
- This stocking is on the smaller side at only about 12 inches tall, so if you’re aiming for a smaller set of gifts it is the perfect fit for your feline friend
#4 Cheap Chic’s Cat Christmas Stocking
Cheap Chic is a brand known for bringing great looking, but affordable products to the market. They’ve definitely hit the mark with this cat friendly stocking! It has adorable green paw prints all over it and it says MEOW in giant letters with a cute little image of a cat sticking out through the letter O. Hard to go wrong with a stocking that looks this good.
- The stocking is made of 100% polyester, it is durable and will hold up over the years very well
- The approximate diagonal length of the stocking is 20 inches so there’s tons of room for cat presents
- The plain white cuff allows you and your family to personalize the stocking any way you want
#5 Northlight Embroidered Kitty Cat Christmas Stocking
If you’re looking for a unique stocking design then this is going to be it. There’s only one other one out there that looks remotely like it and that was listed up above. Northlight has brought another amazing looking cat focused stocking to the market and the white band along the top allows you to personalize it.
- Beautiful tuxedo cat design wearing a collar with a fish that says KITTY in all capital letters
- It has a red fabric loop built right in so it is easy to hang it up right away
- The stocking is a whopping 19 and a half inches long, tons of room for you to fill the stocking with lots of cat presents or tasty treats
#6 Downright Bandanas Paw Print Christmas Stocking
If you enjoyed the movie 101 Dalmatians (yes I know it is a dog movie!) then this stocking is going to be right up your alley. It has about 100 little black paw prints on a white background to make it look like kitties stepped in ink and walked all over it. Reminds of that wicked and crazy Cruella Deville. The white section on the top is left fully open for naming meaning you and your family can personalize it for your individual pet once you get it home!
- This particular stocking is made of 100% cotton and is also a product manufactured right here in the USA
- It comes fully equipped with a white hanging loop to make it ready for Santa the second you open it
- The stocking is about 16 inches tall and 6 inches or so wide in the leg section and 10 inches wide in the foot secion, plenty of room for tasty treats and fun toys
#7 Greenbrier’s Felt Christmas House Cat Family Stocking (Most Affordable)
If you’re looking for a discount stocking for your kitty cat then this is definitely the route to go. Greenbrier brings to market the most affordable of all the stockings in the list with their Felt Christmas House Cat Stocking. Honestly, how can you go wrong when you can let your kitty celebrate the holidays with you for a price like this?!
- This stocking is made of felt and comes fully equipped with a hanging loop to make it ready for Santa the second it is opened
- There’s an adorable image of a peach colored kitty with a green bow around his neck adorning the front
- Plenty of room available to store a laundry list of toys and treats inside all in one go, get one for all your cats
#8 Merry Stocking’s Cat Christmas Stocking
If you like cat paw prints and little tiny mice then boy do I have the stocking for you! This stocking is adorned with numerous cat paws and even has five little green mice strapped across the top to make it any cat’s dream! On top of this you can also personalize this stocking through the provider with any cat name up to 12 characters long, quite a nice perk! You’ll also note that based on the shape there’s a good chunk of space in the ‘foot’ section of the stocking for any extra large gifts or treats for your kitty.
- Fully personalized with your cat’s name when it arrives, just enter it during purchase
- Comes covered in cat prints in both white and red to give it that feline look around the holidays
- Has a string of cute little green mice across the top of the stocking, making it the cat’s meow
#9 Dear Santa, I’ve been a very good kitty!
Let’s be honest, most of our kitty cats probably shouldn’t be writing letters to Santa Claus telling him that they’ve been good. They’ve likely been spoiled rotten and still been a little bit of a turd throughout the year. I mean, come on, we’re already buying them a stocking! What more do these fur balls need?
- This beautiful stocking has a plaid kitty with a short ribbon collar on her and a few paw prints all around the writing (likely falsely) claiming that the kitty has been good all year long
- It is made of 100% polyester for a good durable stocking and comes with a built in red loop to make it easy to hang
- The stocking is about 18 and a half inches across diagonally giving you lots of space to pack it full of fun treats and toys for your kitty on Christmas morning (no coal!!!)
#10 Paw Print With Fish Bones Stocking
This particular stocking falls outside the normal shape and size of your typical stocking, but that doesn’t take anything at all away from how adorable it is! This stocking is shaped just like a cat paw and has a nice plaid cat paw emblazoned across it, right where the wrist is there’s also a cool little set of fish bones hanging down just to drive home that it is a cat’s stocking, no dogs allowed! If you’re looking for style plus something totally unique then this is the way to go folks!
- This stocking is 18 inches tall and 11 inches wide leaving you plenty of room to pack it full of treats and toys
- The plaid area around the cuff is left blank so you can personalize it through embroidery on your own
- Fully equipped with a hanging loop that matches the cuff on the top for ease and speed
An Honorable Mention
I also couldn’t pass up this particular stocking as an honorable mention. While the stocking is geared toward dogs (take a look at the name), many folks have indicated they’ve used it with cats to great success. Who would have thought that cats wouldn’t complain about such a thing?!
Without further ado, take a look at the Outward Hound Stocking to the right. This is a gorgeous red stocking fitting the more traditional profile and it comes in two different sizes which is a nice perk if you’re cramped for space or don’t plan to pack it too full.
What Else Should I Consider?
There are a couple of other major items I’d call out while you’re considering a stocking for your feline friend, I’ll dig into each of them slightly here:
- When To Add Presents:
- This may sound obvious to any of you cat owners with extremely curious and mischievous cats, but you’ll probably want to hold off on loading up that stocking with presents until the night before or even the morning of present opening time.
- Curious cats can cause all sorts of havoc and not only are they likely to knock the stocking off, but they could easily start chewing up packaging if the gifts fall out. We all know that is no good for them.
- How to Hang The Stocking:
- Hanging a stocking or any stockings with cats around can be a bit more challenging than you might think. While dogs may be slightly problematic from below, they typically lack the ability to get up on top of the mantle or location the stockings are hung from.
- These days we often use counter weighted hanging hooks that place all the weight on the top of the mantle, but with cats this can be a little problematic. Cats are prone to knock these off while walking around or exploring what might be in the stockings.
- I’d recommend an old fashioned hook in the bottom of mantle if you aren’t opposed to it. You may want to choose one that isn’t terribly strong / bends easily so that if your cat does happen to jump up and hang on the stocking the hook simply let’s the stocking go. You can always change it out the day of Christmas for a stronger hook!
Wrapping It Up On The Best Christmas Cat Stockings
The market has about a zillion different items out there focused on enticing us to make a purchase for our cats this Christmas season. While some of them are items that will likely not get used much after the box is first opened, there’s no need to worry about whether or not your cat will use a stocking! We humans will take care of that for them!
A fashionable stocking is a wonderful way for you and your family to ensure your kitty can celebrate the holidays in all of their glory! Not only can you stuff them full of fun little gifts for your fur ball, but on top of this you can also use it as a temporary bed or pillow for your cat once they’ve tired themselves out from all of the playing!
If you have any other ideas for your cat around the Christmas holiday that you love please please leave a comment below or send me an email at Craig@StuffCatsWant.com so I can update this article.
StuffCatsWant.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.