Product: Easyology Cat Litter Mat
Cheapest Place to Buy: Find The Best Deal
StuffCatsWant Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Easyology Premium Cat Litter Mat Product Overview
This Easyology Cat Litter Mat is a top of the line mat designed to help control litter tracking in the house. I’ve featured it in my top 10 best cat litter mats article for exactly this reason. If you’ve got a cat or cats that are prone to dragging litter all over the place then you should consider an Easyology mat.
The mat covers a large surface area and is made of a very durable material that is specifically designed to grab at litter and other “stuff” that might be stuck to your cat’s paws. It does a great job of this and successfully stops the bulk of litter from being carted all over.
As an added benefit it is one of the few litter mats out there that comes with a built in non slip backing on it so it won’t slide all over wood or tile floors. Easyology has a ton of different colors to choose from, most other mats only come in black or beige.
I don’t personally have a CatGenie, but numerous people have indicated that this product successfully captures CatGenie granules without any problem. Getting them out is a bit more of a hassle though if you want to put them back into the system.
- It is large in size to cover a wide area outside of the litter box (or boxes)
- It is very affordable compared to most large and effective litter mats
- It comes in a huge variety of colors
- It has a no-slip backing built into it
- It is easy to vacuum litter out of it
- It is very durable and easy to beat the litter out of and wash the litter out with a hose
- It doubles as a doormat if you want a decent doormat
- It isn’t waterproof so vomit/urine can leak through to the floor. Note it is only listed as water resistant, but just calling this out
- It isn’t nearly as easy to empty the litter out of as mats like the Blackhole Litter Mat
- It can be a hassle to clean due to its size and that things like stray poo and vomit stick to it
How to Use It Best:
- Clean the product frequently to keep it from getting gross
- Soaking it in water & dish soap will make it easy to rinse most things off
- A vacuum works great to clean up initial layers or bits of litter
- Blot up any urine or vomit before it has a chance to soak through
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Will it slide around on carpet and wood floors?
- No, it specifically has a slide proof backing built into it to prevent this.
- Do things get stuck in the fibers?
- Yes, things will get stuck in the fibers. The mat is easy to beat out against wall though and that will remove most of them. You can also wash it with a hose or shower head without any problem.
- Is the mat waterproof?
- It is not waterproof so liquids (urine and vomit) can soak through to the floor below.
- Could you cut this mat to fit a smaller space?
- Yes, using a utility knife or a pair of very sharp scissors you could cut the mat to fit a specific size.
- Can you clean the mat in case of an accident or vomit?
- Yes, soap and water can be used to clean the mat, a shower head or shower sprayer on a hose will help clean the small holes out.
- How big is it?
- 35 inches x 23 inches
Wrapping It up:
The Easyology Cat Litter Mat is another excellent mat if you’ve got a litter tracking problem at home. The biggest differentiator for this particular product is the large size and the fact that it has a built in no slip pad on the back. The biggest drawback is that it isn’t waterproof which may be a deal breaker for many people, especially if you’ve got a cat prone to missing the litter box.
If you’ve used the Easyology Mat and have any addition experience or info you’d like to share please comment below or shoot me a note at Craig@StuffCatsWant.com so I can update this article to reflect your thoughts.
StuffCatsWant.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
References: Easyology Cat Litter Mat Website